Lord of the Dark Castle is a casual turn-based retro style roguelike dungeon crawler with elements of strategy.
Move/attack in Your turn, and the Monsters move/attack in their turn.
Each level is randomized and will introduce new monsters as the Hero reaches deeper down into the dungeon.
The game is played in Hardcore Mode, meaning no Save Game - death is permanent!
Download the Press Kit HERE. Download the Free Trial version HERE.
Handpainted Game Art by Robyn Lau
- Casual and Fast game play. Easy to get started, but challenging to beat! Have 20 minutes? Give it a go and hope for a good start with fat drops! Theoretically possible to beat the whole game within 2 hours, if you're a bit lucky and smart!
- This is STRATEGIC dungeon crawler - NOT a no-brain-dungeon-brawler! Casual does NOT mean easy! Normal mode is pretty difficult, and you may have to try many times before you win the game.
- Big replay value! A new game is a new experience. Level randomness, monster spawns and different skill choices makes up for lots of variety.
- Flat Skill Tree and LOTS of skills where no skill is dependent on any other. Each skill provides an important strategic advantage on its own.
- Every hit counts! Making a move that ends next to a monster will let the monster hit first!
- All monsters have unique strengths. An "ordinary thief" may even be worse than a dragon! (Yes... you will see...*evil*)
- The majority of monsters can wear EXACTLY what YOU can wear. If you drop something, they might pick it up and use it against you!
- 8 hard levels of Strategic and Challenging game play, all with unique environments and graphics.
- Randomized levels: each game is a new gaming experience with random monsters, treasures and item spawns.
- Additional "secret mini dungeons" with traps, harder monsters and better rewards.
- 50+ Unique Skills (E.g. First Strike, Charge, Pick Lock, Giant Health, etc)
- 50+ Spell Effects (Curses, Enchantments, etc)
- 25 Achievements to Unlock, giving in-game rewards as well!
- Steam Trading Cards to Unlock
- Lorts of Unique Monsters + Elite versions
- Lots of Weapon types, all with their own unique special abilities
- 3 Full Sets of Armor: Cloth / Leather / Plate + Rings and Amulets
- Enchanted items: weapons and armor can be enchanted with skills and spells.